Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Final Reflection on The Journey Journal


So for the past couple of weeks I've been spending 10 minutes doing a free writing exercise on a notebook. At first, I had a couple of problems following the rules, but now I can say I have mastered the technique. It was really hard for me to lose control. I kept trying to make paragraphs in order to have some sense of organization, I also kept checking my spelling, punctuation and grammar. Letting thoughts unfinished, trying to make them logical and keeping my hand moving at all times was also a struggle. My hand hurt so much even before five minutes had passed! When the professor assigned this journey journal I thought I wouldn't learn anything from it, but as I kept writing and following the rules I realized that I had a big lesson ahead. 

I started to read my entries several days after I made them. I could then connect them to my external journey, see how the situations I was going through affected how I was feeling. My journal gave me insight on my feelings, thoughts and dreams. Trying to remember my dreams through my free writing was the most helpful part of the whole experience. I discovered a great value to spending time thinking about the messages my subconscious mind was trying to send me. Dealing with many of our fears and desires imply acknowledging what our mind is saying through dreams and nightmares.

After finishing the journey journal, I was able to losen up my writing, let my thoughts roam free and record them without thinking about rules, grammar or logic. I was also able to remember a great amount of details in my dreams in order to interpret them using my internal and external journeys. This exercise is effective in connecting yourself to your spiritual and emotional part of your life. This way building a path to a more serious evaluation of your life, journey, and how to del with both.

OWL: Remembering Dreams Guidelines

3 comments:

  1. I felt the same way you expressed here about the journey journal activity. It really helped us to discover more about ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful experience! I am so glad that you felt free to express yourself and enjoy your internal journey. It is especially rewarding that you are making the connections between your internal and external journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate with the way you connected your entries to your external journey! I noticed the same thing on mine, some weeks I had great entries (when I was in a good mood) and other weeks I had bad entries (when I was in a bad mood).

    ReplyDelete